1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

sensation changes after cuboid fracture

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by leisuretime, Jan 10, 2011.

1. leisuretime

leisuretime New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am 4 wks post cuboid fracture. Pain has been little to none. At 3 weeks, I was lying in bed and did a full body stretch. A stinging, burning, pain shot from my medial malleolus up the inside of my calf to my knee. The pain lasted for a few seconds, but was quite intense. I assumed it was a one time fluke. Until it happened again. Over the next three days, it happened another 6-8 times. I finally figured out that if I bent my knee, it wouldn't do that. But by that time, I had a place the size of a quarter just above and behind the medial malleolus that was ultrasensitive to touch. With light touch it felt prickly and stingy. Now that area is extending, mostly upward toward my knee, but also down to encompass the entire malleolus. The affected area now covers the size of a deck of cards. The lightest touch to that whole area is painful, but it is most sensitive right over the malleolus. It has gotten to the point that it is painful at the malleolus even without touch.

This is most curious since it is on the opposite side of the initial injury. After the acute pain at the cuboid subsided, I did notice that there was tenderness at both malleoli, as if perhaps the initial injury had stretched the soft tissue in that area in addition to fracturing the cuboid.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. RGR

RGR Guest

Re: Medial Malleolus Stress Fracture

More than a year back I was diagnosed of stress fracture of the medial malleolus. Been going through this for the last two years. I now have very intense pain and pricking sensation around and below the medial malleolus area. This intense pain started after my three months of yoga practice. Can this be something serious?