1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Pain on the outerside of my left foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Guest, May 17, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Foot Doctor,

I recently fell yesterday or rather I slipped of a curb and landed on the side of my left foot. I'm not sure but I heard sort of like a cracking or popping sound (unsure which) when I fell, like a series of knucles cracking when I fell. I iced it and elevated it a bit. It initially looked like I had two ankles on my left foot but the swelling has gone down a bit. Instead it has spread to almost the whole left side of my foot. So my foot just looks swollen in general... My concern is that I feel these sharp pains when I try to put weight on the left side of my foot, same position as the ball of the foot just on the left side of the foot.. (sorry if it's a bit confusing) And also I feel a sharp pain in the cuboid or 5th metatarsal region when I try to tip toes. I can limp around but have been using crutches to assist me. Also my parents are quite persistent of Chinese doctors so they want me to go see one soon to help my foot. Is that advisable? Help!

-Bryan