1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Broken 2nd, 3rd and 4th Metatarsal and dislocated/broken 5th Metatarsal

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by JayCav, Jun 19, 2012.

1. JayCav

JayCav New Member

I am 25 years old and a very active person and keen footballer over 1 month ago now i was playing in a 7-a-side football game when i went in for a 50/50 challenge and ended up kicking the side of a opponents foot. Upon doing this i ended up breaking my 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsal as well as dislocating/breaking my 5th metatarsal. I went to the hospital straight away and had a x-ray to see the damage adn they doctors found the dislocation and tried putting it back into place but couldn't and then i was told i needed operating on and put in a back-slab until i had my operation 3 days later to repair the damage done and ended up with 3 pins in my toes and a plate and screws in my 5th toe. Following the operation i was put into a normal non weight bearing cast too help begin a long healing process. Also i was given a injection to take for 30 days after my op to stop blood clotting (Fragmin) which was a pain in the backside as i cant stand needles. I have had a cast on for 5 weeks now and am due back at hospital this Thursday for change of cast and check ups.

I am just wondering if anyone has had a slimier injury to me and if they could shed any light on recovery time, further problems down the line and/or any info on rebuilding lost muscle mass in leg. I am also a very keen footballer and want to get back into game but can see this having a physiological effect but we can only see if anyone else is the same please let me know if you have had this problem too.

Thanks and hope to see some comments soon :)