1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Heel pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Ginger, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Ginger

Ginger Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    For the past year I have had pain in my left. The pain generates around the outside of the heel all the way around. I have trouble putting any weight on this foot when I get up. At times when I get up from sitting a long period of time the pain in my foot is unbearable. I have tried new shoes and arch supporters but nothing seems to work.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Heel pain on first arising is often diagnostic of plantar fasciitis, but the pain is most commonly centered in an area just medial to the longitudinal mid-line of the heel in the area of the plantar tubercle where the plantar fascia arises, and with radiation into the arch. There may also be radiation of pain into the rim of the heel, but another condition which can possibly cause heel rim pain, know as Baxter's nerve entrapment, should also be considered. This condition generally causes pain on prolonged standing, rather than on first arising, but it may exist concomitantly with the more common plantar fasciitis. It takes a skillful diagnostician to rule Baxter's in or out, and it would serve little purpose in going into the the specifics of the method of the diagnostic differentiation here. See a good, well-vetted, Board Certified podiatrist, and mention the consideration of Baxter's to him or her.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008