1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

small painful bump

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a small painful bump on the bottom of my foot it is right about the center next to the ball of the foot. It is under the skin but has a small pit in the center of the bump which does not appear to be open. The lump seems to be perfectly round and hard. What could this be and how should I treat it

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    It might be a Dupuytren's nodule, but that is not consistent with pitting. All lumps MUST be evaluated by hands-on examination by a knowledgeable doctor, and that would be my unyielding advice.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I also have a small (pea size) lump on the side (not bottom) of my foot. I really just noticed it this morning, can't say it wasn't there previously, but this is the first I have noticed it as it just started to hurt.

It is hard, not red or itchy at all. However, if I walk or flex my big toe upward, it hurts in the area of the bump. Currently it doesn't interfer with daily activities, but I do tend to favor that foot, limp slightly because when I walk normally and roll up on the ball of my foot, it extends the area and makes it somewhat painful to walk, even though the bump is not in contact with my shoe (flip flops).

4. Lakeview

Lakeview New Member

Hi, we appear to have the lump in the same location, from what I have read, these lumps often appear on the sole of the foot, and mine is not quite on the sole, but just where it meets the sole. I just discovered mine in almost the same way as you did, didn't notice it until I flexed my foot.

Hoping you have found a solution to your issue. From what I have found, flip flops might not be the best shoe to wear, as they do not give you enough arch support and that may be contributing to your issue. I live in flip flops, so this has been the most difficult step for me, but trying to always wear shoes with some arch support.

Also, I went to a Podiatrist and was prescribed Verapamil Gel for the problem. It has apparently had some success in the treatment of these types of masses. First step, you really need to have the mass evaluated by a Doctor. There are many things it could be, and you don't want to take any chances with your feet! That is why I went running to a Podiatrist upon discovery of the lump.

I don't have a true diagnosis as of yet, but there was a suggestion of it being Plantar Fibromatosis (however that is most often seen on the bottom sole of the foot), which is what I think is complicating my diagnosis, as it is not truly on the bottom of my foot. Of course you have to notice that is most OFTEN seen on the bottom, therefore it could be located elsewhere and still be Plantar Fibromatosis. You might want to look into that possibility.

Most importantly, with any foot mass, HAVE IT EVALUATED BY A DOCTOR. I can't stress this enough from the research that I have done.

Would love to hear how things are going and if your issue is resolving.

Blessings Galore,

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have a small bump which is hard on my foot. It is open and hurts when I push on it but not when I walk on it. I have had this for about 3 months now. It is a perfectly hard circle. Do you know what it is or what a doctor can do with it? I'm scared.