1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Joint pain 4 months after injury

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Back in November 09 I fell over and fractured my ankle (female aged 30). At first I thought it must be sprained and in trying to compensate for the ankle went over on my big toe joint. The following day both the ankle and big toe joint were very swollen and painful so I went to A&E. They immediately picked up on the ankle and an xray confirmed a fracture. By this time I was swept along in a whirlwind of surgery and then a cast and forgot about the toe injury. I have now had the cast off since the beginning of January and my toe joint problem is still there. I realise that it takes time for you to get back to normal after the cast is removed so have left it for a while, however, I now have a constant dull pain in the joint and this becomes a stabbing pain if I force it either way, ie by kneeling or trying to tip toe. This doesn't appear to be going away and if anything is getting worse. I have been told that it is not worth going to see the doctor as if there was any fracture it would have healed in the same time that the ankle did. Is this the case and do you have any ideas what may be causing this pain and lack of movement? PS the joint does look different to the one on the other foot. Any guidance greatly received.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

The thought that the only thing worthy of treatment after an injury is a fracture is patently wrong. If you have a problem with your toe joint, whether occasioned by your previous injury or not, it is certainly worthy of an evaluation and hopefully treatment.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thank you for your reply. After reading several of the other threads and your reply I will make an appointment with my Doctor. Many Thanks and best wishes.