1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

pain in big toe joint 5 months after surgery, need advice

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, May 18, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I went in for joint fusion surgery on Dec. 6, 2010 and it's May 18, 2011. Luckily, instead of fusion I ended up having bunion surgery plus arthritis surgery. The pain is intense now, worse than before. The surgeon says the joint has healed and is fine. The physical therapist, whom I see once a week, gives me a number of daily exercises, and I have improved. I still have to walk on the side of my foot, however, due to the pain. I can walk about a block. I have lost about 90% of my normal daily activity (I was very active). HELP! Neither the PT nor the surgeon sees anything wrong with the results of surgery. I am 43, in good shape otherwise. I work out at least 3x/week, even with this problem, although it is mostly upper body and modified yoga. I don't know what to do about the pain. I am weirdly unaffected by oral painkillers (not a good thing to find out post-surgery) although liquid morphine helps, ha. I don't want any drugs. Shall I seek another PT? Mine seems great, is highly recommended. The surgeon says I should be fine and that there is no particular reason I should have this pain. Any advice? I can barely walk.

2. Renfrisbie

Renfrisbie New Member

How are you now? can you still do yoga?