1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

bump on outside of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by goose, Jun 28, 2009.

1. goose

goose Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    For the past month, I have felt pain on the outside of my left foot midway between the heel and the little toe. Shoes of any kind bother me there. I have noticed a bump or a growth or a calcium deposit there. It feels as if a new bone grew right there. In comparison, my right foot has a smaller bump in this same spot, but there is no pain , nor is there a problem with shoes.

What could this growth be?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Your description would lead me to believe that it is more than likely the styloid process at the base of the 5th metatarsal which is an anatomically normal protrusion which is not uncommonly irritated. You should see a podiatrist to determine if this is the case, what is causing the irritation and what can be done for it.