1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Post ingrown toe nail removal 2 days, numb big toe

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had an ingrown toe nail removed two days ago and my toe is still numb and tingly. It has decreased a little, but I'm concerned that this is too long for just local anasthetic. Perhaps the doctor hit/damaged a nerve? Any advice is helpful. If you need any additional information from me, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Update: Four days later. Still numb/tingly. Thank you.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Nerves can remain irritated for many months after damage. If you are taking care to prevent infection by following post surgical recommendations, that is about the best you can do. Some people experience relief from nerve pain if they put a strong magnet above the site of injury, in this case on the back of your foot over the bones that go to the big toe. Good luck, I had a surgery a year ago under my arm and sometimes it feels like I am getting stabbed along the well healed scar. I am told this is the nerves regrowing.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thank you sir/madam. It is less numb now, and mostly just painful.