1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

painful spot on heel

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Benjamin, May 5, 2012.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    it's been about 8-9 days,

started as just a painful spot couldn't visibly see that it was there but brushing across with fingers you could feel a slight raise. today i could actually see it, like a blackish coloring.

as far as pain goes, it only hurts when direct pressure it applied to the one small spot (about the size of a pencil eraser. and being just left of the middle of my heel it's every step i take :\

i'm a cook in the army so i spend a hell of alot of time on my feel, though there hasn't been any "trauma" to the area though i do have athletes foot under my pinky toe, not too bad though

what have i done for it, or tried: i stabbed it with a needle about 10 minutes ago, went through alot of dead skin (i know this because it was painless and i went in about an 8th-16th of an inch before i actually punctured the live skin underneath i went at a sideways angle to avoid putting pressure and causing pain this worked out until the actual puncture which only felt like a small needle prick. the result. clear puss. followed by a small bit of blood like if i had stabbed any other part of my body before stopping again.

touching the spot now the pain is no different then when i had before (i don't believe this to be pain from the needle now but the same pain as before)

scale of 1-10, 10 being arms/legs being cut off

without agitation 0 (painless)

with agitation 5-6 (agitation being direct pressure on only that small spot)

any help would be appreciated

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

just bumping the thread hoping for a reply

3. Derek

Derek Guest

Hey Ben,
    First of all thank you for your service!
    I have the same thing ( never stabbed it though ).
    I see others with the same problem with no real answers, the research I have done doesn't really point to planters fasciitis. Instead kinda points to something called heal fat pad atrophy. Don't know of any remedies but I hope it helps in any way. God bless you and all of our men and women in the services.