1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

5th metatarsal

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I broke my 5th metatarsal in my right foot on July 3rd. The doctor put me in a black walking boot and I have not taken pain meds in about a week. My foot is no longer hurting and I'm able to get around in the boot very well. I'm wondering if I could take the boot off and start walking on it again? I honestly have not had any problems with it and it is not hurting me at all. The doctor told me I would have to keep the boot on for 6-8 weeks and it has only been two and 1/2. Please tell me what I should do! I just don't want to over-do it i just dont see the problem if im not having any pain!!

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

So you are looking for someone to tell you to disregard your doctor's orders without his concurrence or knowledge?? If you have problems with your doctor's advice, seek a second opinion by examination, not Internet.