1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

spreading toes

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    My mother has a problem with the first three toes on both feet. They have spread apart so widely that when she wears open-toed shoes, it looks like she only has three toes. She has constant foot pain which can dramatically increase for long periods of time. We are trying to find out what is causing this so we can get a solution. Orthopedic inserts have not helped. We are having difficulty finding information on the internet to help us because we don't know where to look. Can anyone help me know where I might look and what term I might use to find the information we need?

Thanks for your help.

Jana Kuest

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

PULEEEZE . . . Do yourself and your mother a favor and go see a podiatrist, so even if she doesn't desire professional care, at least you can search for possible self-help or ask questions based on a diagnosis rather than a finding without a known cause. No one is going to be able to responsibly supply you with a real opinion simply from a lay description such as you have offered.

3. triplet3

triplet3 Guest

I also have spreading toes and was told by 2 podiatrists that this is the result of arthritis.