1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sharp Pain - Top of foot - very localized

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by gmoore, Sep 12, 2009.

1. gmoore

gmoore New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a very sharp pain on the top of my right foot - just slightly left of center line, about midway between toes and ankle.

It is intermittment - occurs sometime when walking. Also it's extremly sensitive to touch on a very small and precise spot. Pressing there is extremely painful.

It's happened periodically before, but is occuring more frequently now.

The pain is minor unless I press that particular spot (discovered that from an attempt to massage my foot when i noticed the pain). Pressing that spot even fairly gently causes a very sharp pain.

Nothing seems to relieve it - though it occasionially goes away on it's own for awhile. I've not yet sought professional help - so I've been told nothing about it so far.

No other symptoms - I live in the US (Texas).

-g

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    If there is a palpable, somewhat mobile nodule at the point of pain, it may be a ganglionic or synovial cyst. But you need a hands-on examination for any REAL diagnosis.