1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

foot pain - no swelling

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have terrible pain at the site of an old 3rd metarsal fracture of 8 month ago, this started again last month, no swelling just very tender and pain radiates up my lower leg. It is right on top of the foot at the 3rd metarsal. I have other joint pains in legs and constantly tired - l even fell asleep at my desk at work which is most unusual for me. I am worried as l have lost faith in my gp - l have no energy what so ever and scared in case l have a cancer. please help

thank you
    cw

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I don't see as your symptoms would lead you to fear of having cancer, but there are other conditions wherein one might have generalized joint pains and lethargy. What is your GP saying?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

My GP is not really interested, two years ago after many months of considerable pain in the neck and shoulders and upper back he referred me for x ray then called to say he was referring me to Rheumatologist who diagnosed Anklyosing Spondilitis, my gp was in denial of this and said it does not exist, last year when l had the original foot swelling he diagnosed cellulitis only a month later sent me for x ray when the swelling had not gone down and said l had a healing fracture of the 3rd metarsal and all was okay, then ins eptemnber my foot was even more painful and he ordered another xray and said he would refer me to fracture clinic as fracture was not healing, l wore a moon boot for 6 weeks then the foot was okay, no swelling then in may of this year the foot started to get painful and a pounding like pain that radiates up leg, gp not interested told me it is arthritis but did not want me to take anti-inflammatory drugs due to high blood pressure, l cannot change gp as l live in a small town and he is the only gp for 40 miles. l have had no blood tests done for several years despite telling him l am tired all the time and have even fallen asleep at my desk at work at 2pm

hope you can help, can a metarsal fracture that has healed and pain comes back be arthritis?

thank you and sorry this is long winded.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Sounds like time to get another GP
    Arthritis is a disease of joints. Traumatic arthritis occurs when the fracture or injury has invaded the joint and damaged the joint structures.