1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

?? about a bone stimulator....

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by scubasteve, Sep 15, 2009.

1. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    As I posted on here a week ago because I recently suffered a Jones Fracture on my right foot.

Today my boss brought me a Bone Stimulator that he used recently to heal a broken bone in his ankle and the model he had (CMF OL1000) was for feet too.

Will this help heal my broken bone if I am a health 30 year old man? I know he wore it as a precaution because he had Diabetes.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Certainly you should realize that this is something that needs to be addressed by your own doctor.

3. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

If you are going to use the "call your doctor" line every time some ask a question on here then why bother answering?

All that I asked is a simple question... Will it help heal the bone if I was a normal 30 year man (meaning… no bone diseases that would it hinder bone growth?)

A simple yes or no would suffice.

Or maybe even something with intelligence behind since you are an actual doctor. Maybe something like... It would help the bone grow but it could cause this or make this happen that could hurt you as a result of using it.

All I am looking for are some pro’s and con’s maybe have some sort of discussion with you about how they work and maybe help me figure out if I should spend the money to see the Doctor again.

Forums are for meeting people, having discussions and learning, if you really wanted to help people you could and still tell them to see the doctor along with the advice.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

First of all, I don't run this forum or have anything to do with it other than I volunteer my time to attempt to answer those questions which I believe can be responsibly answered. If you had read many of my more than 1400 posts here you would know that I don't tell everyone to ask his/her doctor, but only those who I think need to. Forums are NOT appropriate venues for case specific questions which can only responsibly be answered when one has all the fact necessary to make a judgment. That means knowing pertinent facts about the patient and his/her problem . . facts which can only be gleaned by personal contact with the questioner. Can bone simulators be useful in healing problem fractures? . . SOMETIMES. Are they helpful in heaiing fractures which are not presenting a problem? . . THERE'S NO GOOD WAY TO ASSESS THAT. Are they something that YOU should use? . . CHECK WITH YOUR OWN DOCTOR. I have to assume that anyone who asks a question here may well act upon the answer I give, even though I caution them not to and advise their checking with their own doctor. I refuse to be irresponsible in making recommendation or giving advice which I KNOW is best handled by a person's own doctor. I will not meet anyone's unreasonable expectations. If what you want are irresponsible answer, I'm afraid I will disappoint you, but there are plenty of other on the Internet who will indulge your wishes even to your possible detriment.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

my foot is more tender since I have been using my bone stimulator is this tipical or should I call my doctor

6. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

You should ALWAYS call your doctor when you have any concerns which have not been addressed in advance by him/her. That's part of what you're paying for.