1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Corticosteroid injection 2 weeks ago...now in severe pain!

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by f1shez, Mar 23, 2014.

1. f1shez

f1shez New Member

Hi there

I've had ankle problems since a road accident back in 2005. So in a nutshell, I'm 27 and have an arthritic right ankle. I've been having arthroscopies every couple of years but the last one (Nov 2013) didn't help. An MRI scan in January showed a lot of inflammation in the ankle but also on one side of the end of the tibia. My surgeon suggested we try a cortisone steroid injection which I had 2 weeks ago. This massively helped relieve the problem of the ankle getting stiff and 'seizing up' and I felt so much happier!

However, yesterday evening something suddenly changed and my ankle is incredibly sore. I can't lift my foot to point my toes upwards as the pain is excruciating. It also feels very tender at the bottom of my leg (tibia) and I have a strange 'weak' sensation that spreads partially up my shinbone.
    I've requested an urgent appointment with my orthopedic consultant but as it's Sunday today I won't hear back til tomorrow.

Any thoughts what might have happened? I've not done anything to cause injury.

Thanks

Sheri