1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Toenail has stopped growing!!!

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by TrasheyDuck, Dec 9, 2010.

1. TrasheyDuck

TrasheyDuck New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have this problem which my big toenail has stopped growing and the cuticle area has become a tad swollen and slightly red. I was a bit worried when I noticed it hadn't grown but didn't bother doing anything about it thinking it would be fine but now it is swollen and when ever I apply pressure to it I get a huge pain. It has also become quite thick , yellowy and flakey. Does anyone know of any cures or what this is even called because I have looked all over the internet and still cannot find any information on this problem.
    Thanks

2. Kelly

Kelly Guest

Sorry to say this, but you're going to have to see a Podiatrist -and make sure you go to high-rated one! I had this problem last year and had to have the nail removed because I waited so long and nothing else worked. Now, the nail has grown back about halfway... but not in the way it should (much smaller -narrower) than my other toe, so I'm going to call my Podiatrist and make another appointment.

Good luck!

3. fanbrits johnson

fanbrits johnson New Member

4. So glad I'm not the only one - I am having the exact same thing happen to my right big toe. It is so frustrating. It has now been seen by 4 set of foot Drs. I wasted so much time with my original podiatrist now 3 months have passed - argh! My new foot doctor and his colleague have said that the next step would be to remove the nail and they have said that the nail will grow back differently - I am so annoyed by this, but at the same time I just want the pain to go away and be able to wear normal shoes again.
    Please let me know what your doctor has said about the growth of your new nail.