1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sharp foot pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by jouwhoo, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jouwhoo

jouwhoo New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    For the past few days I have had sudden sharp pain just below the ball of my foot. It feels like glass or a knife stabbing me. It comes on suddenly and with no rhymn or reason; I could be sitting, standing, walking, sleeping, and it comes on. When I put pressure on it, it helps. I've looked up online everywhere for the symptoms and nothing seems to match it. It couldn't be from my shoes because I rarely wear shoes and I don't wear tight shoes or high heals. I don't have flat feet. I don't have high arches. It's not swollen or red, there's no lumps or bumps. I haven't hurt my foot, I don't run. It's only on my right foot. Does anyone know what it is? My husband says it could be a nerve, but it's been going on for several days now. I don't have money to go to a doctor.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Your husband might be correct, but there is nothing which I hear offered in your post which might point to any particular problem. I would not consider that there is much chance of your obtaining a reasonable answer to your question without at least an examination, and perhaps not even then.