1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Having pain in my "good" foot while healing the other one, help

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi there,
    I have sustained a stress fracture of the 2nd metatarsal of my left foot and am currently wearing a soft cast and a post op shoe while trying to be good and stay off of it as much as I can, ice, rest, etc. I do have to walk around though to do things I need to do and now I am having a lot of pain in the metatarsal area of my right foot! There is a spot that is very sore to the touch on top of my right foot under the second toe area (feels almost like there's a soft knot in there that moves around) and then while I'm just sitting or lying down I am getting some weird stabbing burning pains under my baby toe and the toe next to it, and sometimes pain shooting up the second toe. The pain doesn't feel the same as the pain in the fractured foot but it's there. Is my good foot now fractured too or on it's way to being fractured? I am in the process of changing foot doctors and have like a week before I can see my new doctor to address this. Is there some kind of insert I can put in the shoe of "good" foot to lessen it's pain and burden so I don't injure it further? I am a nursing student and will be starting clinicals in about 8 weeks. It's going to be hard to do them hobbling around in casts and boots when I have to keep switching them from one foot to the other because while one heals the other gets injured. Thanks for any advice you could give.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Your supposition that an insert of some kind is necessarily a reasonable option is without specific foundation. Surely, as you are in the process of becoming a medical professional yourself, you understand or SHOULD understand how irresponsible it would be for a professional to offer to especially a patient already involved with another foot problem advice upon which he/she would likely rely and act which is based on mere guess or supposition.