1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Burning Feet

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Tammy Shackelford, Jun 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Tammy Shackelford

Tammy Shackelford New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have been diagnosed with plantar fascitis in my right foot. I received a steriod injection which did not help much. I am overweight and I'm on my feet a lot. I have recently noticed that at night when I settle down for the evening both of my feet start burning. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Tammy

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

The etiology of burning sensations in the feet devoid of any local visible menifestations or signs of irritation is anything but a simple matter to diagnose. Suggestions on which you might act would therefore be irresponsible and fraught with potential harm. Consult the podiatrist whom you have already engaged.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Ice the heck out of them and alleve helps. I've invested in a pair of night braces, which I wear in the evenings (with refrigerated ice packs shoved underneath my burning feet) in the evening. They look silly, but feel heavenly. I've tried everything and found that barefoot running (on a treadmill) every other day is the ONLY thing that consistently alleviates my pain. If I go more than a few weeks without running (barefoot), my PF flares up, and I have to start icing them again. Good luck!

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I found that Quick-eze (an antacid) and saccharin (an artificial sweetener) gave me burning feet, not immediately, but if I had been taking them for a while and they had time to accumulate in my system. Stopped taking them and no more burning feet. Perhaps you should be looking for things like these or other medications (or possibly foods ) you may be taking that is causing the pain.