1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sprained ankle, could there be a break?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Ranger13522, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Ranger13522

Ranger13522 New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Ok, so one week ago today I sprained my ankle coming down after jumping for a rebound in basketball. I did RICE for the last week and as of this morning was able to walk on it with moderate pain. I know I have a sprained ankle but the problem is I have pain about 2/3 of the way up my foot right in line with the two toes next to my pinkie toe. Today bruising lined the area where the toe connects to the foot on the two toes but I also wore a very tight brace which was cutting off my circulation a bit and was on for several hours while I was at work. I figure it is probably just part of the swelling from the ankle or something caused by the brace but I wanted to ask just to make sure. Is there a good chance there is a bone broken in my foot or no? any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also a 300 lb , 6'8" man so it was a lot of weight coming down on it when I fell. Thanks!

2. wright_jt8

wright_jt8 New Member

may want to consult a dr and get xrays! Could be a small break or torn ligaments...

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i agree - get it checked out. i was walking around on a sprained ankle for 10 days and it was just getting worse, even to the touch (i.e. sheet touching it was painful). (i sprained it coming down from a block playing in a volleyball tournament.) when i finally went in, the xray showed an avulsion fracture (when i sprained it, the ligment pulled a small piece of bone off my fibula). had to wear a boot for 5 weeks...it was the high ankle sprain that took the longest to heal (12 weeks). i tried to play at 8 weeks and i sucked, so finally listened to the PT and went back at 16 weeks. just out of curiosity, was your ankle sprain worse than what you've experienced in the past? looking back at mine, i felt really nauseous and sick, whereas i had never felt like that with other sprains. good luck!