1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Burning/Pain on side of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I cannot pinpoint any reason for having this annoying/painful sensation. It is on the outside of my foot, heel side of the bone at the middle of the foot. Painful-ish (2 of 5) when walking, or if I rest my foot in cotact with something. Seems to be getting worse after 24 hours. Yesterday morning I took an easy walk for 30 minutes (not typical), I am not substantially overweight. I was wearing sneakers.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

There is certainly not enough information here to even offer a wild guess, even if wild-guessing would be appropriate . . and it is NOT. See a podiatrist for an evaluation.

3. vaipain

vaipain New Member

:(:confused::mad::confused:

4. vaipain

vaipain New Member

:(:confused::confused::confused::confused

5. vaipain

vaipain New Member

please felt this burning foot in couple month now,I confuse what the cause of this proplem.

6. vaipain

vaipain New Member

I wanted to know what the symtom of this problem?I felt burning on one side of my right foot, on top of two small toes.

7. vaipain

vaipain New Member

:(:(:confused::confused:

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

ask the drs at heelspurs.com
    they will at least ask you more questions to help you express details

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have a constant throbbing burning pain on the outside of my right foot, there is a small lump, it is really bad when i am walking but still hurts when i am at rest, will it go of its own accord?

10. So much pain

So much pain Guest

Numb toes and throbbing foot pain.

Ive been in so much pain the last 3 weeks and it seems to be getting worse.
    My right foot throbs and I get shooting pain into my toes. I suffered a back injury about 8 years ago and get weekly injections to help numb the pain. I've never had this pain in my foot though. My left leg is also numb/tingling from the knee down.
    I recently had an X-ray of my right foot and nothing showed up. I have a spine MRI booked next week but my back seems to be okay at the moment. This pain is waking me out of the very littl sleep that I do get. I was awaken and in tears not being able to even touch my foot.....please help!!!

Sorry, this should be a new post

11. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

This forum is for problems treatable by podiatry. If you are having nerve symptoms from the knee down, it is not likely a foot problems.

12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I feeling burning senstion on right side of foot

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same thing, burning on the outside edge of my foot, especially my heel, more on my right foot, but a little on the left, too. From what I understand it has to do with a spinal nerve, L14 is what the nerve charts say. So the pain in your (and my) foot comes from a problem in the lower back. You can tell the pain doesn't originate in the foot because there's no actual tenderness there, and massage doesn't make any difference. Mine started when I was moving out of my house and lifting lots of heavy boxes and stooping over many times a day. I'm small and not overweight and in good physical condition. Physical therapists say that it may eventually stop hurting on its own, and I notice that some days its better than other days, but it has been going on for 2 years now. There are a few drugs to treat it (Lyrica is one) and I'm thinking about asking a doctor about these. Otherwise I just try to keep my foot out of contact with anything when I'm sitting or lying around. Otherwise I don't notice it much. I tried working with a chiropractor, but that didn't help. I try to be careful about not abusing my back too much and I do yoga. Sometimes I try putting ice on my lower back which may be helping a little bit.