1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Screw Removal post LisFranc

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by atbgo, Jun 16, 2011.

1. atbgo

atbgo New Member

I am scheduled to have my screws removed 5 years post LisFranc surgery. After the original surgery, I was under the impression that my foot was in such bad shape they (the screws) would never come out. Regardless of my remarkable recovery, my age and my previous injuries/arthritis would never allow me (according to my MD.) to get those removed.

Now I have had so many "minor injuries" and had to be back in the "boot," which has also now turned into pain in my knees, and hips, that he suggested to have them taken out. Yipee, I think! The new surgeon seems to be trying to talk me out of this. Please can I gather some insight? I am now 46. (I am limited by other health issues) however, I try to be pretty active, my children are 8 & 10, so I am trying to play kickball, basketball, walk the dog, swim. But the surgeon has told me that my activity level will not matter regarding my recovery. If it fails, what I do to recover isn't going to matter. It will just be that the surgery failed.

Can this be true?