1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Gout

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Julie, Jun 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Julie

Julie Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    As soon as he gets into bed the pain of the gout in his big toe gets unbearable – any ideas why? During the day its painful but as soon as laying down in bed its very painful and he can’t sleep.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    There are many posts regarding gout in the foot, its description, diagnosis and treatment, on this site. Search them with the search engine provided here. But gout is not exclusively or primarily painful when in bed. When I hear such complaints, I consider nerve pressure problems such as might be occasioned by back problems or position. But as with most questioners here regarding diagnosis, you need a hands-on evaluation.

3. SallyB

SallyB New Member

Does cherry juice help gout? I've read this several places and our local store has cherry juice concentrate in the OJ section along with a brochure telling how you should drink 2 Tbsp juice concentrate in water daily for gout, arthritis, etc. The brand is called Nature Blessed Cherry Juice Concentrate.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I Googled cherry juice gout and found 67,400 references. I can't say that I read them all, or even most of them, but I didn't come across one from a truly medical site which authoitatively promoted its use. According to one of the sites, the FDA had sent out warning letters to many companies which have been making medical claims for cherry juice. The list naming the companies and showing a sample warning letter can be found at http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/chrylist.html
    Nature Blessed Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate made by Coloma Frozen Foods is among the products to be found on the list.

But I have to wonder . . . has your husband actually had a diagnosis of gout? If so, why is he not consulting his doctor for treatment advice? If not so . . . why would he be searching for treatment for an undiagnosed condition.