1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Jones fracture surgery-still hurting

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Whyatt, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Whyatt

Whyatt New Member

My original injury took place feb 11th, first doctor called it an avulsion fx, placed me in a boot and 12 weeks into recovery I was still hurting so I switched to another doctor in the practice who confirmed with CT scan that bone was not healed and we decided on surgery which took place May28th. I am now 8 weeks post-op, screw via x-Ray looks great and CT scan shows bone healed but I am still having incredible pain. I have been instructed by doc to now begin weight-bearing, I had been non-weight bearing until last Friday, and to transition from boot with 1crutch to ankle brace and no crutches over the course of next week. I am also to start PT this week. I am having a hard time believing all is well when I am having so much pain in my foot where the screw is and truly can't walk without boot and crutch at all. It doesn't seem right at 8 weeks post-op to still be this disabled. My doc chalks it up to "soft tissue injury takes longer to heal and swelling" but I am not convinced. Does this seem like a normal course?