1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Re-injured 5th metatarsal?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Soccerfoot, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Soccerfoot

Soccerfoot New Member

Hey, I recently had a classic Jones fracture, did all my time on crutches, boot and 2.5 weeks of rehabilitation. I was recently cleared by my Doc to do light jogging.
    I felt totally healed no pain, jogging was fine. Today I went running. I was pressing off with my foot when I heard a pop. The pain is not intense, it only hurts when I press on the outside of my foot, walking doesn't hurt, unless I walk on the outside of my foot. My doctor said my bone is stronger where it broke than it was before the fracture. I hate to even think it, but could it be re-broken? Is it possible/unlikely to have an intense pain such as a muscle sprain, after a jones fracture. I'm hoping for some good news but I'm expecting the worst. Any words of advice on what is normal or abnormal to feel during the "post healing" process? Thanks.