1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

plantar fat pad atrophy pain?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi,
    I have neuroma between second and third toe.
    I had two alcohol injections and one cortisone injection between second and third toe.
    I had two alcohol injections between third and fourth toe, which there was no neuroma. I am worried about fat pad atrophy because of those injections. The most of podiatrists say the alcohol injections do not cause fat pad atrophy but a couple of podiatrists that I consulted over the internet, they said it could cause fat pad atrophy. Eversince the injections, I have ball of foot pain. I feel like I am standing with bones but no podiatrists told me that I have fat pad atrophy, they said I have naturally thin pad. I have marble feeling pain between second and third and fourth toe. I do not have bone pains. What is the pain like if there is fat pad atrophy?