1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Fracture/tendonosis/osteochondral lesion

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by SSweets, Apr 13, 2012.

1. SSweets

SSweets Guest

Hi, I slipped and fell down an icy staircase at the end of January. Went to the ER where they said it was an ankle sprain and referred me to an orthopedist in 2 weeks if the pain continued. Went to the orthopedist who said it was a midfoot sprain and put a compression sleeve on it. After 5 weeks with that I went back and was still in pain and finally had an MRI done. The only thing my doctor told me was there was a slight fracture and swelling and put me on crutches for 4 weeks. After all of this the foot still hurts and when I asked about PT he said no, use the crutches for 2 more weeks with light weight bearing. I was not satisfied with his answer and lack of attention to the problem so I requested a report of the MRI. What it actually said was there is bone marrow edema in the navicular and talus bones as well as a fracture of the navicular. There is also mild tendonosis of the posterior tibialis and achilles tendons as well as a small osteochondral lesion of the talar dome. I understand what all of these things are but I have a feeling my foot should have been in a cast. From what I've read these are difficult parts of the foot to heal and my doctor chose the most conservative method even though I stressed that I am in school and will be on my feet A LOT. I have made an appointment with a different doctor but I was wondering if anyone else has had these problems and how they were treated and/or healed. Thanks!