1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Plantar Fasciitis

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by jfoy, Mar 4, 2009.

1. jfoy

jfoy New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Dear All,

I have had PF in my left foot for 1 year after a long walk. I have very high arches and have tried othotics, stretches and massage and injections x2 my surgeon says no to surgery as he says it has poor results but has offered Topaz, has anyone had good results from this? I'm not sure if I should cancel it and wait a little longer?

Thanks,

Jan

2. Alans49

Alans49 New Member

Dear Jan,
    Do yourself a favor and do a google search for heel that pain. You will find a web site that has an appliance that goes into your shoe that really help me. I suffered with the same thing that you have for over a year and two different podiatrists did not help me. I went through shots, custom made appliances, and even wore a brace for months and nothing worked. All I can say is you need to give them a try.

Alan Scott
    Portage, WI

3. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    The excessively high-arch foot generally presents with tightness of both the heel chord (Achilles tendon) and the plantar fascia, which is actually a continuation of the heel chord, and these factors often lend themselves to difficult to treat plantar fasciitis. The use of arch supports, orthotics, molded insoles, or whatever you wish to call them, which are often an integral part of the treatment regimen can be problematic with this type of foot in respect to the fit of the vamp and lacing of the shoe. The conservative care of plantar fasciitis generally requires a multi-pronged effort. Some cases are easier to resolve and some very difficult and refractory to treatment. There is not a one-size-fits all cure and failure of even multiple efforts does not necessarily mean that results will never be forthcoming.