1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

My second toes

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by TommyG, Mar 13, 2009.

1. TommyG

TommyG Guest

I'm 24 and have recently gotten really into running. My problem is my second toes. On both feet my second toes are a little shorter than the third toes and they both ride up onto my big toes a little. They've been like this since the start and have never given me any problems in the past. I find though, that when I run the right second toe (which has always ridden up a little more) really rubs the top edge of my big toe. The only solution I've found is to tape it to the big toe before running. I'm worried that this will eventually either send it farther up my big toe or that this might encourage a bunion. I tried taping it down next to the big toe rather than partially on top but since it's always been "up" this was incredibly uncomfortable as the toe kept trying to go to it's normal position. Other than this small thing, I'm loving running and want to continue. Any advice? Thanks!
    Tommy