1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Swollen, Itchy, painful feet in winter

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi, My feets swells up, becomes very itchy and painful during winters. This has been happening every year when I visit Delhi, India in winters where the temperature ranges from 20C to 5C. (68F to 41F)
    This did not happen when I visited usa and europe in winters.
    For the past two weeks I was in Delhi. I was wearing socks all the time. But my feet swelled up again. Now, I am in a tropical climate for the past two days, but I still have have it.
    Does anyone know the medical term for this? What can I do to prevent and cure it?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

My daughter is 16 and has had the same problem for quite some time now. It started withone toe and it now happens to different ones. We have been to many doctors and no one seems to know what it is. However we did some research on our own and read about something called "Chilblains" and the symptoms seems to match. Try reading more on the condition and see if this will help.