1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Options for a falling PTTD

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by KGirl, May 26, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I've just been diagnosed, and told that surgery is inevitable, and that the doc urges me to not wait more than 3 months. In a bid to put it off until following some significant travel this summer, I began looking for some alternatives that could help me. This site, and the contributing foot doc, in particular, are a terrible disappointment. Whether perturbed by a patient or simply having a bad day, I've never been witness to a doctor behaving in such an argumentative, unprofessional manner! The doc's tone is reprehensible, and devoid of any measure of compassion or caring. I'll search elsewhere for suggestions!

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had extensive flat foot reconstruction (5 proceedures) almost 6 months ago. I went to a total of four doctors for their opinions and treatment plan and read up on the proceedures by accessing peer reviewed journal articles. I saw two podiatrists and 2 foot and ankle orthopedists. The orthos have been doing ONLY foot and ankle surgery for a minimum of ten years. I did did a lot of research about the doctors. The doctor I went with works for a top rated orhopedic hospital, has a special interest in flat foot reconstruction and is actively involved in clinical trials (which I did NOT enroll in). The doctor was also quoted in the vast majority of journal articles. I would strongly suggest that you go for a second and possibly third opinion. Why did the doctor say that you have to have the surgery in within three months? What will happen if you wait longer? I would be leary about being rushed into having any surgery that isn't life saving. So far, I am doing very well. I am at about 80% of normal now and feeling better every week. Just realize that flat foot reconstruction is a major surgery and it is important to do the research.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

This is a reply for KGirl. . . .I also have PTTD and am seriously thinking about surgery. I am a Kaiser patient in So Calif. There are a couple of great Podiatrists in the Baldwin Park area who specialize in this surgery. I don't know where you are located but it might be worth checking them out.

4. limping

limping New Member

Has anyone had positive experience with the Aircast Airlift for PTTD? I read a lot about the Arizona but in my area they tend to use the aircast.

5. Soon2cu

Soon2cu Guest

To the lady with the failing PTTD. Just go visit your doctor.whomever is answering these questions on this forum is an obvious jerk. Regardless of if the person is a doctor or not.
    Medicine is a practice everyone knows that much. As I read the questions you were asking whomever this person is was merely critiquing what you were asking. was going to ask a question myself after reading the blogs this person was merely looking for an argument. You do know a argument is DOC two variables in an algebraic equation

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I think the foot doc is an 'a-hole' I hv pttd and in process of contemplating surgery so just saw this thread. Instead of emphatic help; he is carving out an argument - simply childish