1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Another Lisfranc Fracture thread

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hey there, I was in a motorbike accident on the 02/03/12 which ended up with a major laceration to my left foot and my lisfranc has been fractured. I have no idea which metatarsals as the doc's never told me, and their lack of information is what brings me here.

I had 3 ops in a week, which were closing up the wound but on the last one, they installed a screw into the lisfranc. They then told me that my foot was too swollen and at a later date they were going to replace the screw with a larger one in an effort to align the joint better. I was also allowed to walk around in a moon boot, which I was doing so with ease.

Well I had day surgery on 29/03/12 and woke up in more pain then the actual accident, with another cut on the top of my foot and was told they put another screw in and that was it, had to stay overnight due to the pain and they kicked me out the next morning telling me not to take the moon boot off (including sleeping with it on) and come back in 2 weeks, with no weight bearing on my left foot for 8 weeks. I was assuming I was going to see the orthopedic surgeon (which I think had previously mentioned physio starting after the surgery) however got another doctor that had no clue. I pulled the boot off and all he said was it looks good, you don't need the moon boot now and to come back in 6 weeks.

So basically what I want to know, was this last doctor correct or should I still be wearing the moon boot, and should I have been starting some sort of physio or do I wait the remaining 6 weeks before I can weight bare on my foot? Is there anything I can be doing to help with the recovery of my foot? I was going to go and see my local GP for his advice, but he also hasn't had much to do with it so I have come here first.

I understand I haven't given much information to work with, but I don't have much myself. Any advice/opinions would be appreciated

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012