1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

walking bare foot after mid foot fusion

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi

I feel off a latter 3 years ago and after 8 months was finally diagnosed witha lisfranc dislocation. I had to get a midfoot fusion (the 3 cuniforms and the 2sc and 3rd metatarsals). It's better then before surgery. If I waer heavy hiking boot I can stand for long periods (sevaral hours) without pain and walk for up to an hour. However I am a yoga instructor and need to be bare foot for sevaral hours a day. I still limp while barefoot and and am in pain fairly quickly, it is also causing pain in my other ankle from compensating. Any idea of supports I could wear but still be barefoot that could help? I seam to also be verry restricted in anything involving beding the toes back or that involves being on the ball of the foot. Is that normal after fusuion?
    Thanks

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I cannot emphasize often enough or strongly enough . . If one has had surgery and has questions about what to expect or why things are not as good as had been expected, he/she needs to return to the doctor who did the surgery or have a hands-on second opinion. There is no way that someone who has never seen or examined you can offer you anything but a very generic answer which may not be meaningful for your case.

3. Bopexpigo

Bopexpigo Guest

I also have problems with turning out my feet. My teacher said to me I have to exaggerate. I have to think that Im turning out my feet too much. then its just good. I also had an excersise, where you have to stand on your toes and go up and down.
    My right foot is already better and my left foot is starting to get better.