1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

4th metatarsal worries

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Good morning,
    I have had pain in my (R) foot on top of my foot above my 4th and 5th metatarsal, mainly over the 4th. It began after a day of walking in downtown Chicago in early september and has persisted everyday since then. My Dr. just thought it was a pulled muscle, but with proper shoe wear and graston every once and a while there is NO relief. I have recently gotten orthotics and it helps when I have them on, but in the AM when I get out of bed I have to walk on the inside of my foot because the pain is so bad. Should I look into X-ray or MRI or do you think this is muscular as well?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have had this exact persistent pain since doing a routine 10K run a week ago. I have not had any xrays or scans yet but I have been running for months without any indication of pain and now this comes out of nowhere. Any ideas?