1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

foot/lower leg pain while sitting

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance/suggestions...I have had this pain for going on 2 years now, and it is driving me nuts (I'm 25 y/o). I have seen 2 different podiatrists for an MRI, x-ray, and nerve test and they could not find anything wrong with me. Here's my best shot at explaining the pain - when ever I'm sitting I get this burning/stinging feeling (I wouldn't really describe it as numbing) that starts in my left foot and travels through my ankle and up my lower leg. I do feel some tightness in my achilles and the foot pain is spread out and I can't really pin point it. I have found some relief by taking my shoes off while sitting, but the pain is still there barefoot just less intense. I have only felt this pain in the left foot/leg (my right feels completely normal). I am pretty active (run/bike) and stretch regularly. The weirdest part about this is that I feel zero pain while walking and running, and its the minute I sit down that the pain kicks in (with shoes on it's worse). I have tried ice / heat and am running out of ideas. I don't have any back pain (other than the usual soreness after sitting for 10-12 hours straight at work).
    Does this sound like nerve damage or a blood circulation issue? I am trying to figure out this issue instead of covering it up with pain killers.
    Thanks!
    Chris

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Super Moderator

Chris - I will be honest and say I do not have the remotest idea what this could be. Your symptoms match no pattern or conditions that I can think of. It is very strange. The symptoms indicate a nerve problem, but just which one is not clear. I assume that is why the MRI and nerve tests were done. The only think I can suggest is to see a neurologist.