1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

lump on outside of my right foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, May 16, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a lump on the outside of my right foot. it is soft and slightly painful and dose cause pain in the side of my foot. I t has been there for over a month and dose cause some pain. what could it possibly be?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Have a lump on top right footsoft to touch bit raised was pushing brakes on backs of wheelchairs all the time do you think this would cause this lump.

3. JAFMan

JAFMan Guest

Sounds like a Ganglion cyst - nothing to worry about unless it is causing you discomfort in your shoe, but best get it checked anyway to be sure.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

This is precisely the sort of well-meaning, but inappropriate response that I rail against, especially from non-professionals. Could it be a ganglionic cyst? . . MAYBE. Is there any substantive evidence from what is offered that it is . . NO. But the key to my problems with this is the statement, "nothing to worry about unless it is causing you discomfort in your shoe." This might give the reader a sense of inappropriate confidence that a professional opinion might not be quickly necessary. All lumps MUST be evaluated by a knowledgeable professional. The only appropriate portion of the comment was, "best get it checked anyway to be sure." THAT alone would have been appropriate advice. People tend to believe the least serious diagnosis or treatment and tend to disregard tail-end cautions. Responders have absolutely no idea as to how sensible the question will be with their recommendations and advice.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010