1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Infected Corn?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by catugalcat, Sep 2, 2009.

1. catugalcat

catugalcat New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a corn on the outside of my little toe rt. foot. I tried using Dr. Scholl's corn removers. I have been using it for 5 days, and have noticed an increase in pain. I took off the pad and the area has a brown and white slightly ulcerated appearance. I would like to avoid going to the doctor. What should I do now?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    In MY view you've ALREADY done too much on your own by turning a corn into an ulceration. If it has not occurred already, the next stage could well be an infection which could then involve more of the foot if not the leg or worse. What you should do is stop trying to treat this yourself and see a podiatrist AT ONCE. The fact IS that even if your self-treatment with the corn "removers" were effective, all you would have achieved would have been very temporary relief unless the underlying cause of the corn were also addressed.

3. catugalcat

catugalcat New Member

Thank you, I will make an appt. with a podiatrist.