1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Severe Heel Pain when applying pressure

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Fedup, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Fedup

Fedup Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello,

It started a few months back, after playing football on an astro-turf pitch i would have a dull ache in my ankle and soreness in my foot, it wasn't really a problem unless I put my heel down hard, then i would get a sharp pain. Didn't feel like a tendon pain, more like impact.

I decided it wasn't right so visited the doctors, he was pretty vague, and said it was probably tendon strain, but i could flex my foot with ease, and it only hurt with impact. I was told to rest it and it soon cleared up.

Now last week i was playing football again and i planted my heel really hard into the ground and felt a painful 'judder'. The pain was really severe in my heel, and i still can't put my heel down a week later, flexing my foot is fine, but the moment i try and put weight on my heel i am in agony. I have been the doctors again and he sent me for an xray, and told me he would inform me if it was broken, i have heard nothing. I have returned back to work but have to walk on the ball of my foot, which isn't doing me any good.

I just don't know what the pain is, and it doesn't seem like it's going away.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hey man I have the samething I play DL and when I was going for a tackle I planted hard and that's when the pain started what it is I don't know but ice seems to be crack for it just helps get rid of the pain, or get a bucket and make an ice bath for your foot

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

HEY MAN . . . the question you responded to was asked over a year ago. If it's not better by now, I think it's too late for ice.