1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

12-years post-op of a dislocation of the lisfranc complex

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Atelieremd, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Atelieremd

Atelieremd Guest

I suffered a dislocation of the lisfranc complex in April 1998, after being in a head-on collision with a drunk driver.

To repair the foot, I underwent surgery several weeks after the crash. Open reduction and internal fixation was performed. Approximately 15 months later, after suffering from chronic pain, the affected joints were successfully fused.

Since then, I have been relatively pain free. My athletic pursuits, however, are severely limited--I can no longer run, which I did extensively--my days in high heels are over, and I have slept with my foot propped up on pillows since the accident as my foot cannot tolerate any direct pressure on the bottom side of the heel (I sleep on my back).

That said, I am writing because over the last three weeks or so, out of no where, I have been experiencing significant pain in the foot. I would describe it as a general ache in the mid foot concentrated right at the arch with several instances of a shooting pain if I am working in bare feet or even in orthopedic clogs. This is all new. I made no changes in my daily habits or wearing different types of shoes--I typically wear either sneakers or clogs.

Based on this description, is what I am experiencing typical arthritis that is associated with this type of injury or does it warrant having an orthopedic look at it?

Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.