1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bottom of Feet

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have been dignosed with nucleous callous, plantar warts and mis-aligned toes. I have been fitted with custom orthotics several times and had toe surgery. None of these have helped.
    The problem I have on the bottom of both feet is multiple round, callous type areas. There is a center core on each one. I normally have to do the "bathroom surgery" about once a week. In between times, I do the pumace stone, ped-egg, and lotions. Some of these areas are quite large and very painfull. It feels like walking with rocks in my shoes. Any ideas or solutions?
    Thanks

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    From your description, it sounds as if you probably suffer from common seed corns, sometimes, generally incorrectly, referred to as porokeratoses. These lesions are often refractory to attempts at permanent removal and more often than not are treated by ongoing palliative care by a professional, perhaps with the application of a caustic chemical to retard regrowth. I would not suggest bathroom surgery as you risk unnecessary trauma and complications. But clearly this is just a guess based on your post and your podiatrist should be able to offer a definitive answer. Of course, if instead they are warts as you have included in your statement of diagnoses, there are numerous other methods of treatment. Unless there are other fact to which I am not privy, I do not see the specific rationale for the use of orthotics.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thanks Dr Foot. Seed corns do sound like a logical answer.