1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Foot pain - previous injury

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi,
    I injured my left foot approx 13 yrs ago during a netball game. I rolled over on to the lateral aspect of my foot. Afterwards I had pain across the top of my foot around the 1st metatarsal base. I remember having an xray with no bony abnormality found. I was perhaps naive back then and did not seek physio or any such advice. The 1st tarso-metatarsal joint has remained larger than the other side and I notice it with some shoes. I just recently have had some pain in the area on walking and some running. I feel I should be doing something to strengthen the muscles/ligaments around that area to combat any problems. Damaging that joint, I assume, would have an impact on my arch and support. I would like to be proactive instead of reactive. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.