1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Painful bump on the top of my big toe

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a painful bump on the top of my big toe. It is located on my right foot between the nail and the joint just off to the left. The bump is very hard to the touch and extremely painful to the touch. There is no visible sign of a problem, no discoloration and no noticeable sign of a bump. It doesn't hurt to walk on it. The only time I feel pain is when pressure is applied directly on top of it, sometimes when my shoes are to tight.

Does anyone know what this is? More importantly will it go away on it's own?

Thank You

2. Jkturtle23

Jkturtle23 New Member

I have the same exact issue, I never think any thing of it until I touch it or tie my shoes too tight. Did you ever find out what it was or is it still a mystery? I hope somebody can shed some light on what this could be, thanks in advance for any help:)

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I to had several bumps on my big toe, and too experienced pain when I wore shoes that covered the big toe. When I went to my podiatrist I was told that I had bone spurs. I ended up having surgery to get them removed, along with a bunionectonomy, and when he went in I had some other issues as well that he fixed. Anyhoo, mine was bone spurs, I suggest seeing a podiatrist to find out for sure, because I started of with one bump that then multiplied after many days of me ignoring it.
    Good luck