1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

broken 2,3,4 metatarsal recovery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I broke 2,3, and 4th metatarsal 7 weeks ago. My orthopedic says i still need off that foot for 4 more weeks. This treatment was based on initial X-ray (my broken bones were aligned) and then on the follow up x-ray (6 weeks later) and some pain test ( pushing my toes etc... which were painful). My concern now is that my big toe which was not broken (1st metatarsal) is now stift and sort of too close to 2nd toe and is hurting if i try to flex it or adduct it. Any comments on that? is this normal to have issues with big toe and medial part of foot after 2,3 and 4th metatarsal fractures. Although bones healing well (according to orthopedic last visit (a week ago). My orthopedic told me that on my next visit (totally 11 weeks of not stepping on that foot) he will let me step on that foot, plus starting a physical therapy (rehabilitation).

TY!

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

What happened to your foot ? how many weeks in total did it take to mend and back in full use?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I broke the same 3 metatarsals at the base in early June, 2012, and my recovery sounds very similar to yours...non weight bearing after 7 and 1/2 weeks, swelling of all toes including big toe, and stiffness. Only difference is that my ortho doctor said my bones are NOT healing, and he suggested electro magnetic stimulation to foot...any comments?

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I broke my 2nd,3rd,4th,and 5th metatarsal, dislocated my 4th and 5th toe, and had surgery to have a k wire installed for my 4th metatarsal, I've been non weight bearing now for 2 weeks since the accident, been told another 4 weeks to have the wire out. What sort of period of time should I expect to have physiotherapy?

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

How long until you guys could walk/run again as before the accident? I had 2nd, 3rd & 4th metatarsal fractures & a torn ligament. Got surgery 3 days after it happened & im getting pins removed on wednesday, 2 weeks after the surgery. Dr said id be in a walking cast for about 4-6 weeks, probably 6, but I really need to know when I can start running again... I'm only 17 and they told me it shouldnt be too hard for me to get back up.