1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Post Ingrown Toenail surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Ian, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I Just had it today , went well didn't feel any pain till i got home still not much a few questions
    1.How is my nail going to look when its cured ?
    2.How long will it take to fully cure because i've got a boxing match on the 25th of May
    3.How long will it be throbbing continuously! - Starting to get annoying

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

With all due respect, don't you think that you should have asked those questions before you had the procedure? Also, it everyone heals at a different rate so it is impossible to tell you exactly when you are going to pain-free and what your nail is going to look like. However, 4 weeks should be enough healing time for your match.

3. Ian

Ian Guest

LOL believe me i asked enough questions as i got it :p ' i think i didn't bother asking because i was so relieved it was over mind you i was so nervous before it so i was like when :| when it was done

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I've had that procedure done as well. Throbs like crazy afterwards, but that should go away within about 24 hours. Nail takes some time to grow, but you'll be feeling great within days and the skin will heal in 7-10 days.

5. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I agree with the initial responder to your question, although the post-op course of any surgery can be unpredictable, and I never offer assurances of a date-certain when a particular activity will be well tolerated. One would hope that you have put more thought, asked more questions and done more research into your upcoming match than you did for a surgery upon your body, else you may be soon posting somewhere else about how to have your head put back on your body.

The second responder related his own individual experience, which may or may not be anything similar to what yours will be. Your doctor who, ostensibly, has far more experience with the procedure and what patients in his/her hands have experienced would have been a far better source for an answer.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  6. ashok

ashok Guest

hi
    I had Ingrown Toenail surgery on 11th may2010.My full nail was removed also doctor gave some stitches in side skin and prescribed me VOVERAN 50 and CIFRON 500. Now it passed 23 days but stitches are not removable and infacted area is swallowed with white liquid inside.Please advise me what to do now?