1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Pain in foot after stepping on broken branch

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    My wife was pruning a tree and stepped on a cutoff branch near the inside arch toward the heal of her right foot. This happened toward the end of September. The pain is a nagging pain when walking. So far not much other than taking small doses of aspirin and using a wrap around bandage has been done. This pain is not on the heal but right in front of it on the inside arch. It does not hurt when she is not on feet. What kind of action/remedy should she take to let this heal. She does not work, is 60 years old and can afford to stay off it if necessary. She noticed that if somekind of cushion is in place, it helps quite a bit.

2. francesngreg

francesngreg New Member

oh your asking for your wife watch out i got grief over asking for my husband. was told I was taking the momma spot. good luck in getting your answer though

3. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.

One consideration is that she may have some traumatically induced plantar fasciitis, but that's merely a guess, and treatment recommendations base on mere guesses can be both a waste of time and potentially harmful. Each traumatic event needs to be evaluated on its own merits. It's seems to have been long enough for it to heal on its own if it's going to without specific intervention. So the best course of action would be to obtain an actual diagnosis by a hands-on examination. Forums are not appropriate venues for diagnosis, but once you have obtained one, I will be happy to discuss general principles of treatment for your information, but not so that you might necessarily rely upon such to for her own treatment.