1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

one foot one size bigger than the other

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Could someone please tell is it a problem my 8 year old daughter has a left foot of size 3f and a right foot size 2h she has to wear lifts in her shoes to straighten her feet but her feet have always been the same size until now

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

It would certainly be a problem in terms of having to buy two pairs of shoes each time or having to have custom shoes made to get a proper fit. Most folks have one foot larger than the other, but not often to the extent that they cannot find a standard pair of shoes that fits adequately. I would have no idea as to why one foot would suddenly grow at a different rate than the other as you seem to imply.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

The reason why I have one foot a 1 size bigger than the other is that my mother, at the time I was actually 8 years, now 38, took me to a doctor and after many tests he discovered a tissue in my spine that had to be removed thus preventing one of foot to grow at the same rate as the other. The medical term is called lipoma. So just make sure you have your daughter checked out, needless to say I hate shopping for shoes, imagine a woman saying that......but I'm thankful for having both FEET.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I'm sure you've been told this tale since age 8, but I know of no factual basis for this claim of yours.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'm 26 and have the same problem one foot is 42 the other is 41 it is annoying because I have narrow feet aswell if they made a 41 in a half I'd be ok but they don't. Hopefully your daughter's feet stop growing at a size 39 or smaller because they make half sizes for them but I just have to make do with it an I quite often buy two different shoe sizes

6. dhman

dhman Guest

I ran across this message thread because I was googling a similar problem. A few days ago I went shopping for shoes and since I found a pair on clearance, I took the time to measure my feet for the first time in a while. I was very surprised to learn that my feet were now almost 1 1/2 sizes different. I couldn't believe it. I had always had a slight difference (like many people do) but this was something new. In the past my left foot typically measured size 11 and my right 10 1/2 but now my left foot was 11 1/2 and my right was just a shade over 10. I measured several times and tried a different scale but the same result. I have no idea what could be causing this. I have not noticed anything unusual (e.g. swelling or pain etc.) so I am a bit perplexed.

I have no idea when the difference came about, but it's probably been at least 1-2 years since I had actually measured both feet while shopping. I should add that i am a 47 year old male so I assume its safe to rule out a growth spurt :) I have been wearing the same shoes for some time so I doubt they are the cause. About the only thing I can think of is that over the last few weeks I have been walking on a treadmill several times a week (2-3 miles per session) but I can't imagine this having such a drastic effect on my foot size (esp. in such a short time).

If anyone has any ideas or has had a similar problem I would be curious to hear about it. thanks.

7. Twidgit

Twidgit Guest

Hi guys, I know that this thread has been dead for a minute but I have some questions regarding this issue. I am 26 years old and since birth My left foot has always been about a size and a half bigger than the other. And it is a very noticeable difference. I call them 'Beauty and the Beast'.....lol. Not only that but my whole left side is slightly larger. I also have this very large birthmark that wraps around my torso and splits perfectly down the middle located on....my left side. I have been told that I was called a 'Harlequin Baby' Never got the explanation as to what that is though. Any ideas?

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Most likely poor arch support he arch in one foot has fallen flattening out the foot

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I recently discovered one of my feet is wider than the other however they are the same length while trying on sandals at goodwill. Do you have any idea what happened? By the way i'm a 11 year old girl. I have no idea what happened. They could have been that way before without me noticing. Please email me your opinion at chrystalenstambaugh@gmail.com.

10. vevefwgevr

vevefwgevr Guest

shut up bitch fuck u shout dog woof Raheem zig very did Yesu