1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

bottom of foot small bump

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a small bump on the bottom of my foot making it painful to walk or stand for long periods of time. The bump isn't visible like a wart would be. You can feel it under the skin. The size is about the size of a dime in diameter. I thought it might be plantars wart but it isn't on top of the skin. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank-You

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    First of all, I would consider a lump on the bottom of the foot with the diameter of a dime H U G E. If it is within the plantar fascia, it MAY be a Dupuytren's nodule, but all lumps MUST be evaluated by hands-on examination. See a podiatrist.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have several similar bumps under the skin and am worried, they are on the growing side and hurt when I step on them or when I press on them. My podiatrist thinks there is nothing to do and I didn't get a referral to him from my GP, but I paid my own way. They think they just grow until I can't walk anymore. I am petrified.

4. PATRICA

PATRICA Guest

The bump on the bottom of my moves around when touch, but there is a lot of pain in 3 of my toes thats very painful