1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Extremely painful heel pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, May 2, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    About six months ago I began to have pain in the bottom of my right heel when I stood up to walk. I work in a hospital where a lot of walking is required. I was also pregnant at this time so I decided the pain was due to a little weight gain and being on my feet so much. Sure enough after the delivery of my baby I stayed off my feet for excessive amounts of time and also away from work for several weeks and the pain seemed to go away. Sure enough, when I returned to work so did the heel pain, and now worse than ever. The strangest part is that now the pain is in my left heel. As long as I am not putting pressure of any kind my heel seems to be fine. It is to the point where I walk around on tip toes or on the outer part of my foot and now my ankle sometimes gets sore! I have no clue as to what it could be since it started in one foot and is now in the other. But this is more pain than I have ever had!

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

My symptoms exactly! I also have gained some weight and think that has something to do with it. And I never wear bad shoes. Hope there's a reply to this.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Re: Extremely painful heel pain and lumps under feet

Hi, in the last 10 years I have big red lumps appear under my feet, sometimes my heels flair up and are extremely painful, I have had intolerance tests and I all seems to be related to what you eat, my personal experience is if I eat any kind of sausages, mince beef or cheap cuts of meat, instant gravy granules and alcohol, my feet start to produce these symptoms, I've been back and foe to the GP only to be prescribed painkillers, due to the GP not knowing what it is, I have been loosing time off work due to this. However I have had another flair up this weekend and been to see the GP today and been diagnosed with gout! Took the tablets and a few hours later I'm able to walk a little better :) the tablets are called Naproxen only to be taken when a flair up occurs.
    I am 35 years old and a little overweight.
    As soon as the swelling has cleared up I intend on swapping the food for exercise, I hope this info help.