1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

fusion time after big toe fusion

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had surgery on Aug 7 and 6 weeks later xray showed no fusion. Can I still expect good results?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

What does your doctor say, or haven't you asked?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

He said to stay in boot for three more weeks , then another xray. This is 5th surgery on this foot--lis franc injury-- and second on big toe last one had non union.
    Just nervous and discouraged.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

When I asked what your doctor said, I meant in answer to the question you asked here.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

He said that probably due to all the trauma it was taking longer.

6. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Why do you insist on making this like pulling teeth? Your question was . . "Can I still expect good results?" . . is was NOT "How long will I have to stay in the boot?" . . and NOT . . "Why is it taking so long?" Surely, as whether of not you can still expect good results is the most important thing you want to know and is what you asked here, you also must have asked that same question to your own doctor. So what was his answer?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Relax Foot Doc. Nice bedside manner.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011